Saturday, January 28, 2006

Jones brought Homer in for controversy and ratings for his show..and it worked

Elwood Blues - 10:39am Jan 26, 2006 Central (#30 of 39) "I'm NOT the "voice of reason"
Jones brought Homer in for controversy and ratings for his show..and it worked.But Eric's right in this case..Homer has no affiliation in any way,shape,or form with the station.
Eric sees Homer as a pandering racist who supports illegal immigration.I'm not going to argue the point one way or another,this isn't my fight,and I'm no fan of either of them,but Eric seems to loathe Homer and you pushed his buttons when you kept arguing that the station "offered" Homer something when they clearly didn't.. Jones did. No point in arguing it with me,dude..as I said..I don't care one way or the other,but if you're going to try to argue with a man about the company he works for..you're better off taking his word for it.
"I do respect that you chose not to pile on top of me..And you could have."
Oh..the thought crossed my mind,to be sure.You've given me more than enough reason to with some of the crap you've pulled on me in the past,but I'm not one to kick a man when he's down,and right now,you're standing in the middle of a kennel wearing milk bone underwear.
Just remember that the next time you think about pulling some crap on me.
Elwood Blues - 06:35pm Jan 26, 2006 Central (#31 of 39) "I'm NOT the "voice of reason"
Dammit Jaime!
I just checked your blogspot (it's being ridiculed on the board you're banned on)...and guess what I find? My posts AND my screen name being used on your site!
What part of "I don't want my name associated with you" is so goddamned hard for you to grasp?
Go ahead..tell me to "get over it"...........
Jaime Kenedeno - 08:21pm Jan 26, 2006 Central (#32 of 39)
EB point taken.
To me it is unrealistic to put only a piece of a thread. I believe the reader needs to read tho whole and not just pieces out of context.
I am giving you credit as I would in any research bibliography.
I am not doing it to piss you off.
Would you like me to ask permission is that what it is?
So you can say no?
You will see in the end Elwood.
I slept better than I have in a long time.
All I said was that KEYS made Homer an offer.
John Gifford told me, "We brought Homer in to give our listeners a different perspective."
So be it.
It is really insignificant but Eric hammerred me for that one sentence.
Am I supposed to relax and enjoy it?
I tried the email route so not to stand up to him in public.
The going to hius advertisers is all about what he is spewing on his board and what he is saying about mexican types, robstown types etc etc. If he cant tone his hate down then maybe hge needs a reality check.
I have been asked by my wife and Homer Villarreal not to go to his advertisers.
This biased view from both sides is wrong.
Elwood Blues - 09:24am Jan 27, 2006 Central (#33 of 39) "I'm NOT the "voice of reason"
"I am giving you credit as I would in any research bibliography."
What you simply can't understand is,I don't want credit,Jaime.If I want my screen name being dragged into this,I'll do it myself.I don't work for KEYS,I don't work for Defenzor.I'm certainly no Eric fan,but I'm no Homer fan,either.Eric may have punked you,but let him do it by refusing to just "let it go".
Co-host..guest host..hostess Twinkie..who cares,Jaime? If it doesn't matter to Homer..why should it matter to you?
Jaime Kenedeno - 01:01am Jan 28, 2006 Central (#34 of 39)
Cuz the Displaced Frustration is based on that very statement EB.
He is wrong.
He cannot even address the issue.
He twisted and called names.
One doesnt need to use personal attacks when he has the truth and the facts on his side.
KEYS did make Homer an offer
It is the principle of the altercation I am addressing.
John Gifford said "WE brought Homer in......"
Eric W. - 01:05am Jan 28, 2006 Central (#35 of 39)
Does it really matter? Do you think Goat Boy will be on after Tuesday?
Elwood Blues - 10:50am Jan 28, 2006 Central (#36 of 39) "I'm NOT the "voice of reason"
Yeah..he'll still be on.He's doing exactly what Jones hoped he'd do..create controversy and build ratings,and that's what all this is about after everything's said and done.
Jones' show was languishing at the bottom of the local gabfest list.Even "Chismoso Carranza" was pulling better numbers at times.Enter Homer,throw in a hefty dose of race baiting,mix in a few hotheads,a couple message boards..and voila! Jones' rating skyrocket.
Gifford will gladly deal with a little flak from the Jaimes because as staion manager..he's in it for the ratings.In talk radio..it's all about what will make the phones light up,and love him or hate him..Homer's making the phones light up.
As a Homer fan,Jaime..I'd suggest you drop the whole thing and sit back and let your boy do what Jones brought him in to do.You won't, I know..that's just not in your nature,but that's what somebody with a measure of common sense would do.Some "battles" just aren't worth fighting,dude.Besides..you're getting what you want,aren't you? Your boy's on the radio..he's spreading his "message" (whatever it is) so..who really cares how he got there?
BTW..Please spare me as to whatever it is Homer's "message" is or about.I've seen enough of his postings and that of his followers on his board to know both he and they talk out of both sides of their mouths for the most part.