Friday, January 27, 2006

It is funny how you speak to ME without my ability to reply?

GuidoPosts: 147
I have mixed feeling about this...1/26/2006 10:24 AM
A part of me wants Eric to slam the door shut on these imbeciles who preach the Aztlan crap to the "masses" which usually consists of a handful of Robstownites who feel disenfranchised because their Welfare check is late. Generally this group can be found sitting on an old couch on their front porch drinking a quart and bemoaning their "plight". It pains me as much as the rest of the working populace that our tax dollars keep them in Bugler and Budweiser. Yet, another part of me thinks that shunning this gaggle of idiots to some forgotten corner is more dangerous than allowing them to rant here, so that they can be seen as what they really are by thinking, rational folks. In other words, we should at least be mindful of the lunatic fringe, so that we can best wrap them in a straight jacket when the time comes. Sure, we can go over to "that other board" and see their spiel, but most of their threads degenerate into a bathering diatribe that I find boring after a bit. I would much rather read them here and know that there are countless others who think they are just refugees from the short bus. Lastly, I understand that this board is Eric Von Wade's to do with as he pleases. Further, I can imagine being just a bit frustrated that a small group is trying to foster a sentiment that is radically incongruent to the views and values of Mr. Wade. The fact that some moron would threaten a successful talkshow host by going to his advertisers is easily enough to justify such action. However, I believe that allowing such a simpleton to post his views here would, merely by the text of his/her ravings, prove any argument posed by those of a contrary viewpoint.